Ways to Fix Printer Not Responding
Sometimes the printer you are using shows offline error abruptly. And you wonder, why is my printer not responding to my computer. There can be many reasons due to which this might happen. There might be some misconfiguration in settings due to which your printer is not able to make prints. No interne t or low internet connectivity is also a major cause for printer not responding. Another reason is the lost connection between the devices. Outdated printer driver is another cause. Let’s have a look at some of the common troubleshooting ways on how to fix Canon printer error.
Steps to Fix Canon printer not responding:
- Check for any new updates on your software.
- Go to the settings and check if the printer is online and set as default device.
- You can check if the printer is working on any other device and if it is working there.
- Keep the printer on and cur its power cable.
- If there are any other cables attached to the printer remove them too.
- Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
- Make sure that your printer is directly connected to the main source and not through any other cables or device.
- When you reconnect the printer, it should turn on automatically. If not so, switch it back on manually.
- Make sure that you have loaded the paper in your printer.
- Download and install the HP Print and Scan doctor software, if you are facing an issue with printer drives.
Follow the steps mentioned above and your printer should start taking the commands. If you find printer not responding Windows 10. You can run the inbuilt troubleshooting program.